It is great to see you again. Or perhaps you stumbled here for the first time. Last week I wrote about Mastery and the vision that George Leonard imparted when he wrote a book in 1991 with such a title.
Today I want to do a quick dive (as I know you only have a couple of minutes of your day to spend here with me) into what he calls the 5 keys of mastery.
- Instruction: find the right teacher, or right medium via which to learn; the best know how to balance reinforcement with correction.
- Practice: think of it as a noun, vice a verb; enjoy it; build it into your life each day.
- Surrender: sometimes you must give up something you already know to move forward.
- Intentionality: the first step is to have the vision, which then creates the “want power.”
- The Edge: it is a balancing act; you have to know when too much is too much and when too little is not enough.
The way I see it and the way Mr. Leonard contends:
I am excited to see you along the path. If we both keep going, we are sure to meet somewhere along this route!